Blueberry Ice Cream Shortbread Sandwiches
These blueberry ice cream sandwiches are very easy to make: you only need shortbread cookies and ice cream. Discover how to prepare them!
07 June, 2018
1 HR 38 MIN
450 g, fresh, rinsed and picked over
175 g, granulated
1 tsp, fresh
250 ml, whole
250 ml, heavy
20 round shortbread
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine blueberries, sugar and salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Working in small batches, puree the cooked berry mixture.
- Strain into a large bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
- Stir the milk and cream into the chilled berry mixture.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer to freezer until firm enough to scoop, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- To assemble, spread about 2/3 cup ice cream onto one shortbread cookie; top with another cookie.
- Gently sandwich together; freeze again until firm and ready to serve.