Carrot and Blue Cheese Gratin
Just follow the simple steps below to prepare a carrot and blue cheese gratin, an easy and comforting recipe perfect for winter.
06 November, 2018
1 HR 0 MIN
2 tbsp, plus extra for greasing
2 small, trimmed, halved and washed
4 medium, peeled and thinly sliced on the bias
350 ml, whole
150 g, e. g. Stilton or Roquefort, crumbled
1 tbsp, leaves
black, freshly ground
How to make a tasty Carrot and Blue Cheese Gratin
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | gas 4.
- Grease a round baking dish with a little butter.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a casserole dish set over a medium heat.
- Add the leeks, carrots, and a pinch of salt, sweating for 5-6 minutes until just softened.
- Arrange the vegetables in the greased baking dish.
- Whisk together the milk, cream, and blue cheese in a measuring jug with some salt and pepper.
- Pour over the vegetables in the dish.
- Scatter the top with the sunflower seeds and thyme leaves.
- Season the top with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes until golden-brown on top and bubbling at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let stand briefly before serving.