You wouldn’t necessarily put the neo-expressionist cuisine of Vespertine’s Jordan Kahn together with the salt-of-the-earth goodness of Sean Brock’s southern food, but these are strange times and anything goes.
Both with a southern upbringing to draw on, the two chefs have teamed up to create a unique takeaway menu. Their Southern Supper - using artisanal Lowcountry ingredients and recipes from chef Brock’s newest cookbook, ‘South' - is available at the LA restaurant for pickup, Fridays to Sundays, until 22 November.
- Dilly Beans - by Sean Brock
- She-crab soup - by Sean Brock
- Zucchini - by Jordan Kahn
- Slow-smoked heritage pork - by Jordan Kahn
- Carolina gold rice - by Sean Brock
- Shrimp & grits - by Sean Brock
- Braised collard greens - by Jordan Kahn
- Baby sweet potatoes - by Jordan Kahn
- Black Skillet Cornbread - by Sean Brock
- Wild Blackberry Biscuit Cobbler - by Sean Brock
Shrimp Grits Pickled Snacks, Collard Greens - photo credit Anne Fishbein
Shaved Zucchini - photo credit Anne Fishbein
Sweet Potatoes with Embrued Pecans and Sweet Onions - photo credit Anne Fishbein