- Rinse the berries and drain.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugars and bring to a simmer, stirring to ensure that the sugar dissolves and doesn’t stick.
- When the water and sugar are simmering, add the cranberries.
- Return to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- The cranberries will begin to burst and pop.
- Mash some of the berries with the back of a spoon.
- Allow to cool in the pan.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To add some taste you can use 5 gr of chopped jalapeno or 10 g of chopped New Mexico green chiles. Chopped pecans (suggested quantity: 30 g) will be good as well. To obtain a fruity aroma use orange zest and a squeeze of orange juice. If using peppers, add them with 5 minutes left in the cooking time.