Learn how to make the famous Spanish gazpacho recipe: a easy, healthy and vegan cold soup with tomato cream, cucumber and a delicate garlic scent
30 March, 2012
600 g, ripe, Perino variety
Green bell pepper
Red Bell Peppers
100 g, stale, without the crusts
Extra virgin olive oil
120 ml, not too strong
- In a covered bowl, soak the bread in enough water and half a glass of white vinegar.
- While the stale bread softens, peel the tomatoes and eliminate the more watery parts.
- Chop the tomatoes and dice the cucumber and bell peppers.
- Mince the garlic and onion.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and mix until you have a dense, smooth consistency.
- Squeeze the liquid from the bread and add to the mixture, along with the salt and pepper and another drop of vinegar.
- Let the soup rest in the refrigerator and serve very cold, accompanied, if desired, with fresh, diced vegetables and pan-fried toasted bread.