Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2017, the Sony World Photography Awards showcases the best photography in the world from the past year. Free to enter and open to all photographers, the awards are an authoritative voice in the photographic industry.
Here you will find a selection of food-inspired pictures from this year's winners, grouped in two sections: Professional Competition Winners and Professional Competition Shortlist – Still Life.
Professional Competition Winners
- Environment, 1st Place, Kevin Frayer, Canada
- Still Life, 1st Place, Francesco Amorosino, Italy
- Still Life, 3rd Place, Hiroshi Watanbe, Japan
Professional Competition Shortlist - Still Life
- Ilva Beretta, Corners, An Irving Penn Tribute
- Kiliii Fish, Cnidarians
- Simone da Lima, Undress to Impress
The hugely popular Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition, featuring a selection of winning, shortlisted and commended images, is curated at the prestigious Somerset House, London each Spring. The same exhibition is currently on show in Milan, at Spazio Tadini, and will be open until 16 October.