ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to make a delicious apple butter prepared overnight in the slow cooker. An easy recipe anyone can master. It produces great results!
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 1
How To Make Apple Butter in the Slow Cooker
1. Place the apples in the slow cooker.
2. Add the lemon juice and apple cider.
3. Sprinkle with the spices, sugar, and salt.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
5. Remove the lid and puree using an immersion blender until desired smoothness.
6. Place in sterilized jars and cover with sterilized lids.
For prolonged storage:
1. Place the jars in simmering water (180F), ensuring they are covered by an inch of water.
2. Increase the heat so the water begins to boil. Heat the jars for 10 minutes.
3. Using canning tongs, carefully remove the jars from the pot and transfer to a wire rack or a countertop covered with a kitchen towel. Allow to cool overnight.
4. Inspect the jars the morning after to make sure the lids are properly sealed (they should not spring back when touched).