For the olive oil braised leeks
- Trim the leeks and remove a few of the outer layers, then slice, discarding the tough green parts, and wash under running water.
- In a saucepan, heat half the olive oil then stir in the onions, bay leaves, salt and coriander seeds. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the leeks and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the orange juice and vegetable stock, then cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the leeks from heat and add the sugar, lemon juice and the rest of the olive oil.
- Leave to stand at room temperature.