Hokkaido Sea Urchin in a Lobster Jell-O with Cauliflower, Caviar & Crispy Seaweed waffles
An exquisite recipe by chef Richard Ekkebus of Amber restaurant in Hong Kong, with sea urchin, cauliflower, caviar and lobster jelly.
1. Sweat the cauliflower in butter and season with salt.
2. Cover with milk, put a cartouche on top and cook until really soft.
3. Strain, blend till smooth, adding some of the liquid if needs be.
4. Pass and check seasoning
1. Warm the puree, add the gelatine and mix.
2. Put into a bowl over iced water and mix until cold.
3. Gold in the cream and lightly season with salt.
1. Warm the consommé, add the gelatine, dissolve and pass.
1. Whisk the flour and water, put on the stove, bring to the boil, whisking continually until the mix goes clear.
2. Cover with clingfilm and put in the Chinese steamer powder.
3. Remove, season with salt and whisk in the seaweed powder.
4. Divide between 6 trays and spread evenly.
5. Put into a dry oven on 65℃ and leave overnight.
6. Remove and keep in sealed bags.
7. Cook in sunflower oil, deep fry on 180-190℃ and season lightly with salt.
1. Whisk the egg white into the puree, add the flour slowly, followed by the butter and lastly the seaweed paste.
2. Spread evenly on trays and cook on 140℃ for 10 minutes and leave to cool.
1. Blanch and refresh the spinach.
2. Squeeze out excess water and put into a pacojet.
3. Freeze a blitz 4 times and pass for tammis.
1. Put the bottom part of the sea urchin at the bottom of the shell.
2. Pipe in the cauliflower mousse till it comes up ¾ of the way.
3. Place 3 pcs sea urchin on top, glaze with the lobster jelly and leave to set .
4. Finish with a quenelle of caviar and gold leaf.
5. On the side serve the tapioca, spinach tuile and seaweed bread.