ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Try this easy recipe of traditional chicken tacos: Mexican tortillas folded or rolled around a spicy filling.
- Chicken 2 breasts, skinless, boneless, cooked, halves, shredded
- Pepper jack cheese 150 g, shredded
- Green salsa 225 g
- Lime juice 1 tbsp, fresh
- Cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- Chili 1/2 teaspoon, powder
- Garlic 2 cloves, peeled and minced
- Onion 110 g, chopped
- Corn tortillas 16
- Peanut oil for deep frying (about 1 l)
- Tomato salsa 225 g, chunky
- Sour cream 225 g
- Guacamole 240 g
- Lettuce shredded, to serve
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
Heat oil in deep-fryer to 350º F.
In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, cheese, salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic and onion.
Toss to mix together.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the lower third of a tortilla.
Roll the tortilla as tightly as possible.
Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Fry tortillas 4 or 5 at a time, do not over crowd.
Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Once the tortillas float, fry for an additional minute.
Tortillas should be crisp.
Drain on paper towels.
Place a handful of shredded lettuce on each plate.
Divide taquitos between plates and serve with a dollop of salsa, sour cream and guacamole.