Paleo Vanilla Ice Cream
If you're following a paleo diet and you've a craving for ice cream, try this easy paleo vanilla ice cream recipe at home: no ice cream machine is needed!
04 July, 2016
4 HR 20 MIN
450 ml, 48% fat
1 pod (bean) seeds only
- To prepare the paleo vanilla ice cream recipe start heating the cream in a pan with the vanilla seeds until just boiling, then remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the rice malt syrup until fluffy, then gradually pour into the hot milk mixture, stirring all the time.
- Return the pan to a very gentle heat and cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture has thickened. Do not boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour the custard into a clean bowl and leave to cool.
- Pour into an ice cream machine. Churn according to the manufacturer's instructions and freeze the ice cream until ready to serve.
- Alternatively, pour into a freezerproof container and freeze for 4 hours, beating twice with a fork after each 2 hours, to break up any ice crystals, then cover and freeze until firm.
- To enjoy it the best, serve the paleo vanilla ice cream with cherries and strawberries.