ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Apples, dried fruit, candied peel and suet are the basic ingredients for preparing a delicious mincemeat filling for this filo pastry parcels recipe.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
- For home-made mincemeat, finely chop or mince the apples, dried fruit, candied peel and suet.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Then put into the oven at 100°C for 3 hours and stir frequently.
- Cut the pastry into double the number of circles or squares required (approx 14 cm in size).
- Brush with 3 - 4 tbsp melted butter and put the pieces of pastry together in twos.
- Brush the edges with a little egg yolk and put a little mincemeat in the middle of each piece.
- Gather the pastry up around the filling and press together to make purses.
- Brush with the remaining egg yolk and bake in a preheated oven (200°C with fan) for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Put on plates with vanilla ice cream, dust with icing sugar and serve lukewarm.
- Cannot be frozen.