Place the entire cake in the refrigerator for one hour to allow it to become firm before cutting and serving.
- To ensure your cake bakes evenly and rises properly, it's essential to preheat your oven before you begin baking.
- For the best flavour and texture, it's recommended to use fresh blueberries. However, if fresh ones are unavailable, you can use thawed frozen blueberries.
- Take care not to overmix the batter. Overmixing can result in a dry cake. Therefore, mix the ingredients only until they are combined.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before applying the glaze. This will prevent the glaze from melting and running off the cake.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed airtight container to maintain the freshness and tastiness of your cake.
What is the best way to store this cake?
To keep it fresh, wrap it tightly in cling film and store it at room temperature for up to three days. Alternatively, you can freeze it for up to three months.
How to serve it
You can serve it for breakfast with a dollop of yoghurt or as a dessert with a scoop of ice cream.