1. Soak the bread roll in warm water.
2. Chop the onion and sweat in a little clarified butter with the bay leaf until the onion is soft, but not browned.
3. Remove the bay leaf and mix the onion with the squeezed-out bread roll, the mince, egg, mustard, herbs, salt and pepper.
4. Mix well to combine the ingredients thoroughly.
5. With wet hands form small meatballs and fry slowly on all sides in clarified butter for about 10 minutes.
Garnish each meatball with a small sprig of rosemary before serving.