ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
This easy vegetarian mug cake recipe is an amazing appetizer made with pumpkin, sage and ricotta cheese. It's simple, fast and tasty.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 4
How to make delicious Pumpkin, Sage and Ricotta Mug Cakes
- Parboil the pumpkin in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes until just tender to the tip of a knife. Drain well.
- Crack an egg into four large microwave-ready mugs.
- Divide the flour, butter, and baking powder between each mug. Stir thoroughly until a rough batter forms.
- Stir in the pumpkin and then top with teaspoons of the ricotta and a sprinkling of sage leaves.
- Working one by one, microwave on high for 60-90 seconds until puffed and golden on top.
- Let the pumpkin, sage and ricotta mug cakes stand briefly before serving with a twist of freshly ground black pepper on top.