Last week we brought to you our best slow-cooking recipes by Michelin-starred chefs. We kick off this week with our favourite sandwich ideas from top chefs around the world. You don’t need a slow cooker for any of these sandwich recipes, but instead go get the broiler cracking and jump on the path to sandwich perfection. Whether it’s the humble grilled cheese, a French ham and cheese sandwich, or a fried po boy roll, these star chefs are here to show you how it’s done.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Steak Sandwich: his steak sandwich recipe is full of expert advice covering every step of the way to make the ultimate steak sandwich. From choosing the best cut of steak, making a beautiful tomato relish with basil, to checking the doneness of your steak, Ramsay has got you covered.
2. Heston Blumenthal’s bacon sandwich recipe: the chef goes low-brow with American-style hot dog mustard for his hearty, simple bacon sandwich that anyone can make at home.
3. Daniel Boulud’s jambon-beurre: just four ingredients go into Daniel Boulud’s fancy French ham sandwich. Yes, there is a lot of butter and that is a good thing.
5. Daniel Humm’s gruyère sandwich: Humm of Eleven Madison Park, NYC makes his favourite grilled cheese with tomatoes and prosciutto. His secret ingredient - a touch of kirsch that adds a spice to an otherwise simple grilled cheese.
6. David Kinch’s ultimate oyster po boy sandwich: the chef of the three Michelin star Manresa in Los Gatos, California, tries his hand at fried oyster po boys seasoned with a special spice mix.