Gingerbread and Pumpkin Cupcakes
Here is how to prepare delicious gingerbread and pumpkin cupcakes, a great dessert for your next Christmas brunch!
30 October, 2017
Type of dish
Season & Occasion
0 HR 50 MIN
All purpose flour
Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp, ground
1 tsp, ground
1/4 tsp, grated
2 tbs, extract
225 g, puree, canned
115 g, unsalted
1 tsp, extract
For the gingerbread and pumpkin cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) gas 4.
- Place paper cases in 30 mini muffin tins.
- Stir together both flours, baking powder, spices, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together oil, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin, then add to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon into the paper cases and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden and risen.
- Cool in the tins for 15 minutes then place on wire rack to cool completely.
For the topping
- Beat together the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually sift in the icing sugar, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into a piping bag and pipe on top of the gingerbread and pumpkin cupcakes.
- Decorate with edible silver baubles.