- Break up the chocolate and melt it in a bain-marie, over a low flame.
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar until fluffy, then add a quarter of the whites to the melted chocolate, using a quick movements so the chocolate mixture doesn’t fall apart.
- Then, using a spatula, add the remaining egg whites, taking care not to mix it for too long – this is the secret for a light, airy mousse.
- Pour it into small bowls or a large serving bowl and keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Garnish with almond slivers for a deliciously crunchy touch.
If possible, use organic or free-range eggs. Add a bit of arrowroot, bake it in the oven, and voilà, this fluffy mousse gets transformed into the most decadent chocolate fondant!