Wild rice with blueberries and grilled salmon
Wild black rice and blueberry jam make an original and flavourful pairing with this grilled salmon recipe
31 March, 2012
Season & Occasion
1 HR 10 MIN
- In a pot, bring two cups of water to boil.
- Add 1 cup of wild black rice along with a pinch of salt.
- Cook, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add a handful of fresh blueberries, turn off the heat, cover for another 5 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, sauté a branch of fresh rosemary, lavender and tarragon in olive oil for two minutes.
- Add a handful of fresh blueberries and a spoonful of honey.
- Lower the flame to the minimum, stir constantly for another 2 minutes and then turn off heat.
- Grill the salmon over a high heat for around ten minutes.
- Once the rice is ready, serve it with the grilled salmon and drizzle it with the blueberry jam.