- To prepare the pastry, put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat well to form a soft dough.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 1 hour. 2 Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) gas 4.
- Grease a 20 cm|8" pie tin or dish.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface, until it is almost twice as wide as the diameter of the pie tin.
- Line the base and sides of the tin.
- Gently press the pastry into the corners of the tin, trimming off any excess, then prick the base of the pastry case several times with a fork.
- Cover the pastry with a sheet of non-stick baking paper and fill it with rice or dried beans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is pale golden.
- Remove from the oven, discard the beans and paper and set aside to cool.
French CotillonsNext Recipe