With the world cooking its wat through quarantine Pinterest had a look at which recipes were getting the most attention in different countries.
Bread, in all its different forms, comes out as the major search on Pinterest all over the world. In the US, “Navajo bread” increased by 350 times. Other popular searches include “salty croissants” ( up 1532% in Argentina), “damper bread” (+263% in Australia), and “Japanese brioche” (+1081% in France).
In times of crisis, we revert to comfort food and for that reason, "Shepherd’s Pie with ground beef" is hugely popular in the US. The Japanese aren’t neglecting their gut health and are looking for “healthy gut recipes” as well as deep-fried lotus roots.
The UK is going back to basics with “Oat flour recipes” and “no egg cake recipes” while France shows its culinary heritage with “Japanese brioche” and “peach flower recipes”.
The full list of the most searched recipes on Pinterest
- United States: Navajo Bread and Shepherd’s Pie with Ground Beef
- Canada: Asparagus Pasta and Canned Ham Recipes
- Mexico: Shrimp Aguachile and Recipes with Canned Tuna
- Brazil: Blender Chicken Pie and Canned Sardine Recipes
- Argentina: Fried Sweet Fritters and Salty Croissants
- United Kingdom: Oat Flour Recipe and No Egg Cake Recipe
- Spain: Homemade Churros and Burnt Cream
- Algeria: Strawberry Pie and Baghrir (Moroccan Honeycomb Pancakes)
- South Africa: Nann Bread No Yeast and Macaroni Recipes
- Germany: Stick Bread and Wild Garlic Bread
- Italy: Apulian Breadstick and Mimosa (Flower) Cake
- Turkey: Banana Bread and Granola Recipe
- Indonesia: Beef Floss and Potato Donut
- Australia: Damper Bread (bread made with beer or milk and served with honey) and Curried Sausages
- India: Palak Kofta (spinach and cheese balls in curry) and Puran Poli (sweet stuffed flatbread)
- Japan: Healthy Gut Recipe and Deep Fried Lotus Roots
- New Zealand: Easy 3 Ingredient Scones and Apple Crumble