The team over at Bon Appetit have announced a list of their 10 Best New Restaurants in America.
Compiled by their restaurant editor Andrew Knowlton the list is a snapshot of some of the hottest new venues across the states and is a testament to the rise of young chefs in the U.S with the average age on the list hitting just 33.
Knowlton talks of an exciting American dining scene that he says is: "being reinvented by a band of young chefs".
At number one is the Los Angelese based Alma restaurant run by the young chef Ari Taymor. A chef that Knowlton claims he saw someone "cooking on a level I rarely see or taste".
1. Alma, Los Angeles, California
2. Saison, San Francisco, California
3. Rolf & Daughters, Nashville
4. Fat Rice, Chicago
5. Ava Gene's, Portland, OR
6. The Pass & Provisions, Houston
7. The Optimist, Atlanta
8. Jeffrey's & Josephine House, Austin
9. The Whale Wins & Joule, Seattle
10. Aska, New York City