Herby Eggs on Toast
Looking for a new ideas for brunch? Try herby eggs on toast, it's an easy recipe perfect to be enjoyed for a snack or a brunch.
15 October, 2018
0 HR 20 MIN
4, white, thick slices
White Wine Vinegar
150 g, grated
a small handful of flat-leaf, finely chopped
How to make herby eggs on toast
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- Toast the slices of bread until golden on both sides.
- Heat a large saucepan of water over a moderate heat until simmering. Stir in the white wine vinegar.
- Crack the eggs into cups and slide into the water, poaching for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, top the slices of toast with grated cheese.
- Grill for 1 - 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove the poached eggs with a slotted spoon. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Cut the slices of toast in half and place on plates.
- Top with the poached eggs and garnish with a little salt, pepper, and chopped parsley.
Try a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce on the toast for a spicy addition.