In just a few short weeks, the S. Pellegrino Cooking Cup will set sail along the Venice Lagoon. sailors will dive into a simultaneous cooking and navigating competition. The 12th edition of the gourmet regatta will take place the 22nd-23rd of June. This is a very special event that celebrates two great Italian pastimes - fine dining and sailing. The ocassion would not be complete without a set of stellar jury to judge the culinary competition. The jury for the S. Pellegrino Cooking Cup is composed of an international team of judges with extraordinary credentials. They will judge the two culinary competitions of the event and announce the winner of the Acqua Panna & S. Pellegrino Young Chef of the Year.
So far, the jury will feature:
2. Massimo Bottura from Osteria Francescana restaurant in Modena, Italy with three Michelin stars and #5 the 2012 World's 50 Best Restaurants list
3. Luke Dale Roberts from The Test Kitchen in Cape Town, South Africa, #74 2012 World's 50 Best Restaurants list
5. Dmitry Shurhsakov from Chaika restaurant in Moscow, Russia, #99 2012 World's 50 Best Restaurants list
6. Sergio Herman from Oud Sluis Restaurant in Sluis, Netherlands, #21 2012 World's 50 Best Restaurants list
7. Jonny Gu from China, executive chef of Lilac Family Cuisine /Le Sun Chine (A Relais & Chateaux Member Hotel in Shanghai)
8. Francesca Barberini, president of the jury and host of Italy's famed Gambero Rosso food channel
9. Franco Favaretto, chef of Baccaladivino in Mestre, Italy.
For a glimpse of what's to come, watch the video of last year's edition of the S. Pellegrino Cooking Cup. Stay tuned for more news...