California’s current dominance of US dining continues, with six restaurants in the top 20 compared to New York’s four.
Opinionated About Dining has also simultaneously released a list of the top 100+ gourmet casual restaurants in North America, this year topped by Bouillion Bilk, a French bistro in Montreal. The rankings take into the consideration the opinions of thousands of registered reviewers, with greater weight given to those who visit more restaurants.
See the top 20 for both lists below and click through for the full lists, both of which seemingly cover Mexico too.
20 Best Restaurants in North America
1. The Willows Inn, Washington
2. SingleThread, California
3. Saison, California
4. Alinea, Chicago
5. Blue Hill at Stone Barns, New York
6. Manresa, California
7. Raymonds Restaurant, Newfoundland
8. Chef’s Table at Brooklyn Fare, New York
9. Minibar by Jose Andres, Washington, DC
10. Oriole, Chicago
11. McCrady's, Charleston
12. The Restaurant at Meadowood, California
13. Catbird Seat, Nashville, Tennessee
14. Per Se, New York15. Castagna, Portland, Oregon
16. Smyth, Chicago
17. Eleven Madison Park, New York
18. Hugo’s, Portland, Maine
19. The French Laundry, California
20. Aubergine, California
20 Best Gourmet Casual Restaurants in North America
1. Bouillon Bilk, Montreal
2. Rose’s Luxury, Washington, DC
3. The Loyalist, Chicago
4. Robertas, New York
5. L’abattoir, Vancouver
6. Pêche Seafood Grill, New Orleans
7. Bestia Ori Menashe, Los Angeles
8. Husk, Charleston
9. Ox, Portland, Oregon
10. Little Sister, Los Angeles
11. Vij’s, Vancouver
12. Felix Trattoria, Los Angeles
13. Maenam, Vancouver
14. Night + Market, Los Angeles
15. Estela, New York
16. Factory Kitchen, Los Angeles
17. Olmsted, New York
18. Momofuku Noodle Bar, New York
19. Maximo Bistrot Local, Mexico City
20. Au Cheval, Chicago
A second season of 'Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy' is in the pipeline, but where will the affable American actor and food lover go next? Nobody knows. But Fine Dining Lovers has some ideas in this tongue-in-cheek series guide. Take a look.
Ramadan is the holy month of Islam, observed by millions of Muslims around the world. People refrain from eating and drinking during daylight hours, but when it's time to break the fast there are plenty of dishes to enjoy. Here are 20 of the tastiest to try.
As England gets ready to reopen its restaurants on 12 April for outdoor dining after the lockdowns, restaurateurs and bar owners respond to the new legislation with some exciting pop-ups and creative al fresco dining solutions. Find out more.