As restaurants around the world struggle to manage their overheads in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, many are coming up with ingenious ways to pivot, from pared-back take out services to online classes, auctions, wine sales and restaurant vouchers.
Noma, René Redzepi's world-class Copenhagen restaurant is one such example, offering prepayment vouchers to future customers. The idea being customers can secure a table for future seasons before reservations are open to the general public.
The restaurant shuttered on March 14 in what Redzepi would be "difficult times" as the restaurant joined the bottomless list of restaurants around the world hurt by these unprecedented times.
So for those who've never made the reservation list, now might be your chance, as long as you have deep pockets!
Vouchers start at 5,000 Danish Krone (around 730 USD) to over 100,000 Danish Krone (over $14,700 USD). To book a prepayment voucher click here.
And that's not all, they'll also throw in a few enticing bits of restaurant memorabilia, from a menu signed by René Redzepi to a limited edition signed print from the entire Noma team, here's what's on offer:
- 5,000 DKK and up: Menu signed by René Redzepi
- 10,000 DKK and up: Limited edition hand painted menu signed by René Redzepi
- 25,000 DKK and up: Limited edition hand painted and signed menu, and a special “thank you” package inclusive of a copy of Foundations of Flavor: The Noma Guide To Fermentation, signed by René and the noma team, and a selection of ferments from the Noma Fermentation Lab.
- 55,000 DKK and up: Limited edition hand painted and signed menu, special “thank you” package inclusive of a copy of Foundations of Flavor: The Noma Guide To Fermentation, signed by René and the noma team, a selection of ferments from the Noma Fermentation Lab, and a 1hr session with a member of our fermentation or test kitchen team around the time of your meal.
- 100,000 DKK and up: In addition to the benefits listed above, a limited-edition and numbered print of the noma space signed by René and the entire team.