50 Top Pizza 2020, the guide to the best pizzerias in Italy and the world, compiled by 50 Top Pizza, has been revealed in an online awards ceremony.
The guide devised by Barbara Guerra, Albert Sapere and journalist Luciano Pignataro, in partnership with S.Pellegrino and Acqua Panna, took place during a live-streamed event on 50 Top Pizza and Fine Dining Lovers' social channels last night with Federico Quaranta leading the countdown, fresh from the recently announced 50 Top Pizza Europe 2020 awards.
Francesco Martucci from I Masanielli in Caserta, Campania, topped the ranking of 50 Top Pizza 2020 with Franco Pepe's Pepe in Grani in Caiazzo, also in Campania, taking second place.
On the leaderboard, next to the main list, you'll find the list of special prizes awarded during the evening.
Before discovering the complete ranking of the best Italian pizzerias, these were the main international awards announced during the presentation.
50 Top Pizza 2020 and International Awards: the Best Pizzerias in the World
Also awarded during the event were the 2020 international awards. Here is the list of the main prizes:
Best Pizzeria in Asia: Ciak in The Kitchen, Hong Kong
Best Pizzeria in Japan: Pizzeria Braceria, Tokyo
Best Pizzeria in Canada: Via Tevere Pizzeria Napoletana, Vancouver
Best Pizzeria in Oceania and Top Neapolitan Pizza outside of Italy:400 Gradi, Brunswick (Australia)
Special Voice of Naples Award: Accademia Nazionale Pizza Doc - Merit Award for Association 2020
50 Top Pizza 2020 - the Best Pizzeria in Italy and the World: The Complete List
1. Francesco Martucci from I Masanielli, Caserta -Futuro di Marinara: Pizza of the Year 2020 Pastificio Di Martino Award
2. Pepe in Grani, Caiazzo
3. I Tigli, San Bonifacio (Vr) - Simone Padoan: Pizzaiolo of the Year 2020 Latteria Sorrentina Award
4. 50 Kalò, Naples- Best Wine List 2020 Consorzio Tutela Prosecco Doc Award
5. La Notizia 94, Naples - Best Margherita of the Year 2020 Solania Award
6. Francesco & Salvatore Salvo, Naples- Best Service 2020 Latteria Sorrentina Award
7. Seu Pizza Illuminati, Rome - Pizza Colada:Sweet Pizza of the Year 2020 D'Amico Award
8. Dry, Milan - Best Pasticceria in Pizzeria 2020 Olitalia Award
9. 'O Scugnizzo, Arezzo - Gennaro Police: Best Young Pizzaiolo of the Year 2020 S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna Award
10. Le Grotticelle, Caggiano (Sa) - Innovation and Sustainability Solania Award
11. Apogeo, Pietrasanta - Best Beer List 2020 Birrificio Fratelli Perrella Award
12. La Gatta Mangiona, Rome
13. Patrick Ricci - Terra, Grani, Esplorazioni, San Mauro Torinese (To)
14. Sbanco, Rome
15. Le Follie di Romualdo, Florence
16. Fandango, Potenza
17. Crosta, Milan - Best Format 2020 Latteria Sorrentina Award
18. I Quintili, Rome - Best Newcomer 2020 Solania Award
19. Grigoris, Mestre (Ve)
20. 10 Diego Vitagliano Pizzeria, Napoles
21. Pizzeria Da Lioniello, Succivo (Ce)
22. Sirani, Bagnolo Mella (Bs)
23. Carlo Sammarco Pizzeria 2.0, Frattamaggiore (Na) - Pastificio Di Martino Award Best Fried Pizza of the Year Award 2020
24. Enosteria Lipen, Triuggio (Mb)
25. Pizzeria Da Ezio, Alano di Piave (Bl)
26. Giangi Pizza e Ricerca, Arielli (Ch) - Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil Award 2020 Birrificio Fratelli Perrella Award
27. Cocciuto, Milan
28. Pupillo Pura Pizza, Priverno (Lt)
29. Ristorante Pizzeria Ciarly, Naples - D'Amico Award Performance of the Year 2020
30. Framento, Cagliari
31. Frumento, Acireale - Best Deep Fried Dishes 2020, Olitalia Award
32. Officine del Cibo, Sarzana
33. I Masanielli Sasà Martucci, Caserta
34. La Braciera, Palermo
35. La Masardona, Naples
36. Le Parule, Ercolano (Na)
37. Pizzeria Panetteria Bossi, Tempio Pausania
38. 400 Gradi, Lecce
39. Piccola Piedigrotta, Reggio Emilia
40. Casa Vitiello, Tuoro (Ce)
41. La Ventola, Rosignano Marittimo (Li)
42. Giotto Pizzeria - Bistrot, Florence
43. Gusto Divino, Saluzzo
44. Pizzeria 450° Pizza e Fritti di Gianfranco Iervolino, Pomigliano d'Arco (Na)
Ground beef recipes are given star treatment in the hands of Michelin starred chefs like April Bloomfield, Marco Pierre White and Gordon Ramsay, as they put their spin on classic comfort food dishes, from burgers to chilli beef lettuce wraps.
If you're devoting more time to the kitchen these days, long and slow cooking is where it's at! Marinading, braising and casseroling: find out how in the hands of Daniel Humm, Marco Pierre White, Gordon Ramsay and many more.
Join Michelin chefs as they roll up their sleeves and get back to baking! From Blumenthal's black forest gateau to Peter Gilmore's chocolate cake, these are the must-try bakes given Michelin starred makeovers.