ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
An easy Brussels sprouts recipe, perfect if you're planning your holiday meal: a classic American dish to be served as a side on Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine American
1. Wash and trim the Brussels sprouts and halve lengthwise.
2. Sweat in 1 tbsp butter, then add the stock and wine, put a lid on the pan and cook over a medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, or until cooked.
3. Take the chestnuts out of their packaging, add to the Brussels sprouts after 15-20 minutes and heat with the sprouts for 2 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the butter (or to taste), season with mixed pepper and add balsamic cream to taste.
5. Serve hot as an accompaniment to roast meat.