Jet-setting magazine Elite Traveler has named its Top 100 restaurants for 2017, with Spain's Azurmendi claiming top spot for the first time.
Atxa Azurmendi's (pictured) restaurant in the Basque Country overtakes Chicago's Alinea, which has topped the list for the past five years running. Azurmendi in Larrabetzu celebrates local Basque produce and puts sustainability at the core of everything it does, even producing its own wine.
In third place on the list, voted for by 6000 of the magazine's readers, is The World's Best Restaurant Eleven Madison Park in New York, while Restaurant De L'Hotel De Ville in Switzerland and Per Se, also in New York, are fourth and fifth respectively.
The US was the best performing country, with 24 entires on the list. See the top 10 below and click here for the full list.
Elite Traveler's top 10 restaurants 2017
1. Azurmendi, Larrabetzu, Spain
2. Alinea, Chicago, US
3. Eleven Madison Park, New York, US
4. Restaurant De L’Hotel De Ville, Lausanne, Switzerland
5. Per Se, New York, US
6. Robuchon au Dome, Macau, China
7. Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy
8. The Restaurant at Meadowood, St. Helena, US
9. Le Bernardin, New York, US
10. Fat Duck, Bray, UK