The Chipotle guacamole recipe has been shrouded in mystery for years...until now. Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, the fast-casual chain has revealed how its addictive 'guac' is made. You won't believe the simplicity of the recipe - it's very similar to our favorite Mexican guacamole but with a slight variation. Try them both and tell us which one you like best!
Here's the full Chipotle guacamole recipe which is prepared fresh at the restaurant several times a day, each batch calling for a whopping 48 avocados!
2 ripe Hass avocados
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Images and recipe courtesy Chipotle