ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Wandering how to prepare a delicious pepper crusted roast beef? Just follow the steps below to prepare this classic meat dish.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 6
How to make pepper crusted roast beef
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (210° fan) | gas 8.
- Line a roasting tray with a trivet large enough to hold the beef.
- Pat the beef dry before rubbing with the sunflower oil.
- Press the pepper into the top of the roast, covering it evenly.
- Season with plenty of salt.
- Place the roast on the trivet and roast for 20 minutes before reducing the oven to 170°C (150° fan) | gas 3 and roasting for about another 1 hour until the meat registers at least 60°C | 140F on a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest, covered loosely with aluminium foil.
- Serve the pepper crusted roast beef with a side of mashed potatoes or grilled carrots.