ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for new appetizer ideas? Learn how to make deep fried dumplings at home, an easy and traditional Chinese recipe prepared to celebrate New Year.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 8
- Recipe cuisine Chinese
How To Make Fried Dumplings, Chinese New Year Recipe
How to prepare deep fried dumplings in five easy steps:
1. To prepare deep fried dumplings start mixing the flour with approximately 150 ml water, knead to a dough and leave to stand for half an hour. Finely chop the spring onions.
2. Mix with the mince, ginger and sesame oil and season to taste with salt. Divide the dough into 4 portions.
3. Roll each portion out thinly to a rectangle and cut the rectangles into squares (approx. 7x7 cm).
4. Put about 1 tsp of filling in the middle of each square and fold the dough over it to make a triangle. Press the edges together firmly.
5. Heat the oil and deep fry the filled dumplings, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.