The royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle is just around the corner. While the whole world will watch the live celebration this Saturday, May 19, no one will be as glued to their television as the British. If you, too, are a fan of the royal couple then transport yourself to England by preparing the most popular British snack: the cucumber sandwich.
Yes, you read correctly! The culinary star of the next few days will undoubtedly be this little snack of disconcerting simplicity - usually served at tea time - to nibble in front of the TV. The ceremony will last several hours and viewers will need to eat at one time or another as they keep their eye on the royal couple, so this delicate sandwich is the way to go.
Fine Dining Lovers shows you how to prepare an exquisite cucumber sandwich that is simple yet delicious enough for a royal affair.
ROYAL WEDDING: THE CUCUMBER SANDWICH RECIPE
To make this cucumber sandwich recipe for 6 people you will need:
12 slices of bread
225 grams (7 oz) of cream cheese, softened
6 tsp mayonnaise
a few sprigs of dill
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, garlic powder and diced cucumber. Let cool for 2 hours.
2. Cut the second cucumber into thin slices.
3. Spread the cream cheese sauce on slices of bread.
4. Add a few slices of cucumber to half of the slices and close with remaining slices of bread. Trim off the crusts.
5. Cut each sandwich in half to form triangles, or in thirds to form rectangles.
Happy Royal Wedding!