Food and travel sites Open Table and Kayak have teamed up to provide a list of 25 restaurants around the world that are worth flying to eat there.
As dining and food tourism becomes a more and more important driver for people decideing where to go, the sites put the question to their readers asking them which, if any, restaurants have they specifically clocked air miles in order to eat at?
Some people will make their restaurant reservations before they even open skyscanner in order to ensure they have the booking at the right restaurant as the centrepiece to their weekend away. Thing people flying to Copenhagen for a long-awaited dinner at Noma 2.0 or Girona for a tasting menu at El Celler de Can Roca.
These are the big bucket list restaurant however the following list contains mostly hidden gems beloved of locals, rather than the famous Michelin starred flagship restaurants we all know.
Below is the list of 25 in alphabetical order:
1. 12th Avenue Grill (Honolulu, Hawaii)
2. Alux Restaurant (Cancun, Mexico)
3. Battista’s Hole in the Wall (Las Vegas)
4. Bistro Campagne (Chicago)
5. Cafe Luxembourg (New York)
6. CRUST (Miami)
7. Frances (San Francisco)
8. Gilda by Belgious (Barcelona, Spain)
9. Mamma Maria’s (Boston)
10. Musso & Frank Grill (Los Angeles)
11. Nusret Dubai (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
12. Omonia Taverna & Bar (Frankfurt, Germany)
13. Osteria Savio Volpe (Vancouver, British Columbia)
14. Paddock & Vine (Sydney)
15. Rosetta (Mexico City)
16. Schnitzelei Charlottenburg (Berlin)
17. Serafina by the Water (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
18. Stella Cocktail Club (Dublin)
19. Terroni Queen (Toronto)
20. Tatel Madrid (Madrid)
21. The Tap Room at Dubsdread (Orlando, Florida)
22. Van Speyk (Amsterdam)
23. Westerns Laundry (London)
24. Wirtshaus in der Au (Munich)
25. Kakaiya by the Sea (Tokyo)