There’s something wonderful about strolling through a good food market. It’s a great way to discover the local delicacies on offer and an even better way to taste some of the local ingredients that only grow in that area.
Whenever we’re in a new city thegood food market is our first point of call which is why this bucket list of the 35 Best Food Markets Around the World is so useful.
It lists a real mix of good food markets with info provided on just why you should visit each one.
From the historic market of Toronto to the famous Union Square Greenmarket in New York and the bustling Mercado de la Merced in Mexico City - this is an ultimate list of the best food markets around the world.
1. St. Lawrence Market (Toronto, Canada)
2. Union Square Greenmarket (New York, NY, USA)
3. Ferry Building Marketplace (San Francisco, CA, USA)
4. Mercado de la Merced (Mexico City, D.F., Mexico)
5.La Boqueria (Barcelona, Spain)
6. Borough Market (London, U.K.)
7. Cours Saleya (Nice, France) 8. Mercato Centrale di San Lorenzo (Florence, Italy) 9. Spice Bazaar (Istanbul, Turkey) 10. Tsukiji Fish Market (Tokyo, Japan)