Meals in a can are always a no no, sorry, let's be a bit more specific, that's any type of full meal in a can. We've already seen things like full English breakfasts stuffed into tins and whole sunday lunches dumped in pans direct from a can - but this next canned meal features no less than 12 fine dining courses neatly packed within cylinder shaped metal shell.
The idea of the 12-course can comes from the artist Chris Godfrey. The project is called 'All in One' and was made as a comment against the canned food market and the ever growing gimmicks used to differentiate food products.
Speaking about his strange concept, Godfrey said: “Contemporary culture means on every trip into town; you’re bombarded with gimmicks galore. Gimmicks often diminish their products to turn a profit; downgrading on the content but selling you something thats ‘50% more’. The All in One 12 course meal offers the average Joe; the chance to dine like royalty without the washing up.”
The layout of courses is sure to turn a few heads and as far fetched as this may all seem we like that the artist is just trying to highlight a growing problem by taking it to the very extreme.
And here's what an extreme 'All in One' 12-course canned menu looks like.
1. A selection of local cheeses with sourdough bread
2. Pickled Kobe beef with charred strawberry
3. Ricotta ravioli with a soft egg yolk
4. Shitake mushroom topped with filled peppers
5. Halibut poached in truffle butter in a coconut crepe
6. Risotto foraged ramps, prosciutto and fresh parmesan
7. French onion soup with fresh thyme and gruyere cheese
8. Roast pork belly and celeriac root puree
9. Palate cleanser, pear ginger juice
10. Rib eye steak with grilled mustard greens
11. Crack pie with milk ice cream on a vanilla tuile
12. French canele with a malt barley and hazelnut latte