Grant Achatz's Alinea restaurant in Chicago has been named the best in the country in The Daily Meal's annual list of the 101 Best Restaurants in America.
The restaurant, a force in Modernist cuisine for over a decade, is described as "absolutely original and almost always dazzlingly good," by The Daily Meal. Achatz and business parter Nick Kokonas can also celebrate another top five entry with Next. Check out their just announced plans for New York too.
See the top 20 below, which is dominated by New York City with seven entries, and click here for the full list.
20 Best Restaurants in America 2017
1. Alinea, Chicago
2. Daniel, New York
3. Le Bernardin, New York
4. Eleven Madison Park, New York
5. Next, Chicago
6. Providence, LA
7. The French Laundry, Yountville, CA
8. Le Pigeon, Portland, OR
9. Joël Robuchon, Las Vegas
10. Gramercy Tavern, New York
11. Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Pocantico Hills, NY
12. Quince, San Francisco
13. Guy Savoy, Las Vegas
14. The Barn at Blackberry Farm, Walland, TN
15. Del Posto, New York
16. Commander's Palace, New Orleans
17. Per Se, New York
18. Manresa, Los Gatos, CA
19. Jean Georges, New York
20. Spago, Beverley Hills, CA