Green Bean Casserole
A vegetarian side dish, ideal for a Christmas dinner, with green beans, mushrooms, soured cream, cheese, an easy to make holiday recipe
28 November, 2012
Season & Occasion
1 HR 0 MIN
1 each, diced
100 g, diced
All purpose flour
250 ml, soured
400 g, French
110 g, grated
225 g, crumbs
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) 350°F gas 4. Butter a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the onions, parsley and mushrooms until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are giving off their juices.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper and lemon juice; cook until the flour is slightly browned. Stir in the soured cream.
- Cook the beans in a pan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and stir into the mixture.
- Pour the green bean mixture into the baking dish.
- Mix together the cheese, breadcrumbs and melted butter and spread evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.