How to Make Pasta with Pesto
1. Cook the penne in well salted boiling water until al dente.
2. In the meantime dry roast the pine nuts in a frying pan until golden brown. Remove from pan and reserve.
3. Wash the basil and shake dry. Remove the leaves from the stems.
4. Peel the garlic. Chop finely.
5. Place the garlic, reserved pine nuts, basil and oil in a food processor and process until a smooth pesto forms. Mix in the Parmesan and season to taste with salt, pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
6. Drain the noodles well then mix with the pesto.
7. Place the pesto in bowls and serve garnished with basil leaves.