ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Wondering how to make a tasty jerk chicken? Easy and quick to prepare, this spicy Jamaican recipe is a great everyday meal for the family.
- Thyme 1 tbsp, leaves
- Barbecue sauce 110 g
- Scallion 2, chopped
- Lime 2
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp, dark
- Vegetable oil 55 ml
- Chicken 2 large, cooked breasts, diced
- Beans 200 g, canned, kidney , drained
- White beans 200 g, canned, drained
- Celery 1 stick, finely diced
- Pepper 1 red, finely diced, 1 green finely diced
- Rice 350 g, cooked long-grain
- Parsley a few sprigs of flat-leaf, to garnish
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a delicious jerk chicken
- Blend together the thyme leaves, barbecue sauce, spring onions, juice of one lime, allspice, soy sauce, and 150 ml of warm water in a blender.
- Heat half of the oil in a casserole dish set over a medium heat until hot.
- Add the chicken and saute briefly before adding the beans and the prepared sauce.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Season to taste once ready.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan set over a moderate heat until hot.
- Add the celery, diced peppers, and a little salt.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then add the rice.
- Continue to fry over a reduced heat, stirring occasionally, until the rice is piping hot throughout.
- Serve the jerk chicken over the rice with slices from the remaining lime and sprigs of parsley.
- Add a couple of dashes of Tabasco for added spiciness.