Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
Yield: 24 cookies
1. Cream together the butter, shortening, and sugars in a large mixing bowl until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Beat in the eggs one by one, and then beat in the vanilla extract. Sift in the flour, salt, baking powder, and cream of tartar, and mix well until you have an even cookie dough.
3. Cover the bowl and chill for 45 minutes.
4 After chilling preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350F | gas.
4. Grease and line two large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
5 Combine the caster sugar and ground cinnamon in a shallow bowl, mixing well. Take tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls between your palms.
6. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar and then place on the trays, spaced apart.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies have spread out and are golden-brown. Remove to wire racks to cool before serving.