ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Wondering how to make lemon sorbet at home? To prepare an easy Italian lemon sorbet recipe you only need a freezer, lemons, sugar and Limoncello.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Italian
How to Make Lemon Sorbet
Lemon sorbet recipe step-by-step
1. To prepare the authentic Italian lemon sorbet recipe start putting the sugar in a pan together with 150 ml water.
2. Heat until all the sugar has dissolved, then simmer for a few minutes until the liquid resembles a thick syrup.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the freshly squeezed lemon and the Limoncello.
4. Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold under the lemon syrup solution.
6. Pour into a flat container.
7. Freeze for 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes with a fork to break up the ice.
8. Cut the lids off the lemons and scrape out the lemon from the inside (use otherwise).
9. Wash out using hot water and place in the freezer.
10. Scoop some of the Italian lemon sorbet in the lemons and serve.