ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
An easy recipe for delicious spring rolls filled with tasty asparagus, tofu, carrots, red onion, and avocado: they're perfect for a light meal or a party snack.
For the spring rolls
- Asparagus 250 g, woody ends removed
- Tofu 400 g, extra-firm, drained
- Groundnut oil 3 tbsp
- Rice paper wrappers 8, 15 cm | 6
- Mint 1 handful, leaves
- Watercress 1 large handful, or pea shoots
- Carrot 2 large, peeled into strips
- Onion 1 small, red, thinly sliced
- Avacado 1 ripe, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 4
How to make grilled asparagus and tofu spring rolls
- Par-boil the asparagus in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain well and refresh in a bowl of iced water.
- Drain again and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Preheat the grill to hot. Cut the tofu into finger batons.
- Cut the asparagus spears in half and toss with the tofu batons, groundnut oil, and some salt and pepper to taste on a grilling tray.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly charred all over. Remove from the grill.
- Working one at a time, dip a rice paper wrapper into a bowl of hot water. Drain on a damp, clean tea towel.
- Arrange the mint and pea shoots across the centre of the rice paper.
- Arrange the asparagus, tofu, carrots, red onion, and avocado slices on top.
- Working from the exposed bottom edge of the wrapper, roll the rice paper over the filling and then fold inwards at the edges before tightly rolling into a thick sausage shape.
- Repeat for the remaining rolls.