Are you looking for the best parmesan crusted chicken recipe? Keep reading because here at Fine Dining Lovers we've zoomed in on the tastiest parmesan crusted chicken recipe that yields tender chicken with an irresistible savory crust full of Parmesan flavor.
How can you make great Parmesan crusted chicken? Start with high-quality ingredients (the best you can afford) and allow the meat to come to room temperature before cooking. Doing these two things assures you are off to a great start. Take a look at our recipe below!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for 4 servings
4 thin chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour (may use gluten-free flour)
2/3 cups Panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 tbsp water
1tsp dried oregano
salt to taste
pepper to taste
4 lemon wedges for serving, optional
a bit of oil for pan frying
1. Pour the flour onto a plate. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
2. Place the egg in a bowl and add the water, beat well.
3. Put the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and oregano on a plate. Mix well.
4. Make an assembly line with the ingredients in this order: flour, egg mix, breadcrumbs.
5. Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
6. Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, shake off the excess, then place inside the bowl with the egg. Immediately transfer to breadcrumb mix. Place on a clean plate in preparation for frying.
7. Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Place each Parmesan crusted chicken piece inside. Cook until golden on the bottom (about 3 minutes). Flip and cook on the other side for about 2 minutes (until internal cooking temperature reaches 165F). Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Discover Fine Dining Lovers' exclusive Why Waste? video series, featuring Massimo Bottura and his team of chefs, as they teach us how to repurpose leftovers and trimmings in delicious and imaginative ways, from vegetables to dairy. Take a look