Just because you love to cook it doesn't mean you always have the time or kitchen equipment to fulfill all your foodie desires. So what are you to do when you are craving cake but have no time to bake one? Opt for this luscious no-bake cheesecake recipe.
You'll need a tart pan with a removable bottom and fresh berries for garnishing. Ready to get started? Let's check out the ingredients!
CAKE RECIPE WITHOUT COOKING: NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE WITH BERRIES
To make this cheesecake recipe without baking you will need:
300 gr (10 oz.) heavy cream
300 gr (10 oz.) Philadelphia cream cheese at room temperature
200 gr (7 oz.) shortbread biscuits
50 gr (4 tbsp.) butter
150 gr (5 oz.) sugar
50 gr (4 tbsp.) brown sugar
300 gr (10 oz.) berries
1 vanilla pod, scraped
Here are the different steps to make this no-bake cheesecake recipe:
- Start by grinding the shortbread biscuits
- Melt the butter and mix with the biscuits and brown sugar
- Press the mix onto the bottom of a tart pan with a removable bottom
- Refrigerate until the crust hardens
- Whip the cream cheese
- Add the heavy cream, sugar and scraped vanilla seeds
- Whip until it all comes together nicely
- Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the biscuit base
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours
- Decorate the cheesecake with berries
Staff shortages are hitting the hospitality sector hard, prompting some restaurants to look outside the industry to train those without restaurant experience for life in the kitchen. Andrew Friedman finds out more.