Turkey isn’t just for Thanksgiving and Christmas. For our money, this is the best crispy turkey wings recipe on the internet and can be enjoyed all year round. Courtesy of Jacque Rose, not only is this recipe incredibly easy to make, but the turkey wings will be perfectly crispy on the outside and mouthwateringly succulent on the inside. Of course, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy these perfect turkey wings over the holiday season. If the size of your Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey is a bit daunting and almost certainly too much for your family, you can always remove the wings and save them to make Jacque Rose’s crispy baked turkey wings a couple of days later.
Baked turkey wings: Recipe variations
Looking for other ideas for your turkey wings? Here are three of our favourite ways to cook them.
Smoked turkey wings recipe
Love smoking meat? If you have your own smoker then you’ll love this recipe from Steve Cylka at the Black Peppercorn.
Fried turkey wings recipe with blue cheese dressing
This recipe is originally for buffalo chicken wings, but we’ve adapted the amounts here for turkey.
Fried turkey wings: Ingredients
For the wings:
8 Turkey wings, de-boned and cut into large chunks
250ml Vegetable oil
1 ½ tbsp White vinegar
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
100 g Butter
4 tbsp Hot sauce
For the dressing:
100g Blue cheese, soft and crumbled
2 tbsp White vinegar
125g Sour cream
Fried turkey wings: Directions
- Heat the oven to 300ºF / 200ºC.
- Place the flour in a plastic bag, season with salt and pepper, and add the turkey pieces.
- Shake well then remove the chicken from the bag and shake off the excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan until smoking and fry the chicken pieces in batches until lightly browned.
- Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a small pan and bring to a simmer.
- Coat the turkey pieces in the sauce then place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes, basting from time to time.
- While the turkey pieces are cooking, make the dressing by beating all the dressing ingredients together until smooth and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Japanese marinated turkey wings recipe
Here’s another succulent chicken wing recipe adapted for turkey. This time, Japanese style.
Japanese marinated turkey wings recipe: Ingredients
1kg Turkey wings
50ml Soy sauce
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Hoisin
2 tbsp Rice vinegar
2 tbsp Rice wine
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 Scallion, chopped
Japanese marinated turkey wings recipe: Directions
- Place the turkey wings in a flat dish.
- Mix together the soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine, and the garlic. Then pour the sauce mixture over the meat.
- Cover the wings and transfer them to the fridge. Let them marinate for at least 6 hours – overnight if possible.
- Heat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Transfer the wings to the prepared baking tray and roast for around 30 minutes. Brush every now and then with the marinade.
- Once cooked, serve the wings garnished with the spring onions.