We're only a few days into the new year but all eyes are already on the 25 most anticipated restaurant openings in the United States for 2014.
The team at Zagat has compiled the list and ranked The Progress in San Francisco as the top upcoming restaurant. The new spot will be run by Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinski and will be located just down the street from their famed State Bird Provisions. It's set to open in the first quarter of the year.
Rounding out the top five most anticipated restaurant openings of 2014 you'll find: Roy Choi's POT in Los Angeles; an unnamed project from Danny Meyer in New York City; Washington, DC's China Chilcano by José Andrés; and a yet-to-be named project by Tony Mantuano in Chicago.
It's worth noting that Giada de Laurentiis made the list for her upcoming Giada in Las Vegas, a restaurant expected to compete with big names on the strip. Richard Blais will open the much-awaited Juniper & Ivy in Sand Diego while Philadelphia awaits Iron Chef's José Garces Volver restaurant.
Overall, it looks like a pretty delicious year ahead. Here's the full list of the 25 most anticipated restaurant openings in the United States for 2014:
1. The Progress, San Francisco
2. POT, Los Angeles
3. Danny Meyer Project (still unnamed) in King and Grove Hotel, NYC
4. China Chilcano, Washington, DC
5. Tony Mantuano Project (still unnamed), Chicago
6. Lo Spiedo, Philadelphia
7. Giada's, Las Vegas
8. Alden & Harlow, Boston
9. Stoic & Genuine, Denver
10. Monsieur Benjamin, San Francisco
11. LA Chapter, Los Angeles
12. Fiola Mare, Washington, DC
13. Promontory, Chicago
14. Coltivare, Houston
15. St. Cecilia, Atlanta
16. St. Philip, Austin
17. Juniper & Ivy, San Diego
18. Volver, Philadelphia
19. La Brasa, Boston
20. Asian-Mexican restauratn from Acme Crew, NYC (unnamed)
21. Touché Restaurant & Lounge, Miami
22. Capitol Hill Project from Rachel Yang and Seif Chirchi, Seattle (unnamed)
23. Nonna, Portland
24. Prima, Nashville
25. Knife Steakhouse, Dallas