It used to be that hotel restaurants often got a bad rep. The food was not up to par with what you'd find at swanky stand-alone restaurants so many tourists would venture to greener pastures elsewhere. Well, it seems a lot has changed in the past couple of years and hotel restaurants have become coveted dining destinations.
The folks at The Daily Meal have published their second annual list of the 101 Best Hotel Restaurants Around The World 2013. It's a great round up of the best hotel restaurants to grab a bite while you are globe trotting. So which hotel restaurants around the world made the top 10?
Las Vegas came away as the big winner with three hotel restaurants on the list including é by José Andres at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, which took the top spot. California's Aubergine at L’Auberge Carmel is the only other hotel restaurant in the United States that cracked the top 10.
Other hotel restaurans that made the top 10 are located in far exotic locations like Zimbawe, Hong Kong, Sao Paolo and Paris. Check out the slideshow of 101 best hotel restaurants in the world.
Here's the list of the top 10 hotel:
1. é by José Andrés at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
2. El Motel Restaurant at Hotel Emporda (Figueres, Spain)
3. Restaurant Guy Savoy at Caesars Palace (Las Vegas)
4. Felix at The Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
5. Emiliano Restaurant at Emiliano (São Paolo, Brazil)
6. Aubergine at L’Auberge Carmel (Carmel, Calif.)
7. Livingstone Room at Victoria Falls Hotel (Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe)
8. Joël Robuchon Restaurant at MGM Grand (Las Vegas)
9. Epicure at Le Bristol (Paris)
10. Man Wah at the Mandarin Oriental (Hong Kong)