Boiled Beef with Vegetables
23 April, 2018
1 kg, e. g. chuck or brisket
How to prepare a delicious boiled beef with vegetables
- Bring 5 pints (about 2 1/2 litres) water to a boil in a large pot.
- Wash the beef and bones, pat dry and place in the pot (make sure that everything is covered with water).
- Add the bay leaf, marjoram, parsley, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Remove any scum.
- In the meantime peel the carrots, wash and trim the leek and celery and roughly chop.
- Peel the onion and press the cloves into it.
- Place the prepared vegetables into the pot about 40 minutes towards the end of cooking time.
- Take the meat out of the pot, cut into slices and place back into the pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Cannot be frozen
Cod à La Grenobloise by Claude Bosi
Two-Michelin-starred chef Claude Bosi shares his recipe for a classic French fish dish with a modern spin, as served at his Bibendum