ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Here is how to prepare a make a delicious baked celery with ham at home: a comforting dish to enjoy with family and friends.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to prepare baked celery with ham
- Heat the oven to 200ºC (180º fan), gas 6.
- Melt the butter in a small pan then add the flour and cook gently for 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Gradually add the milk and cream, bring to a simmer then cook very gently for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add half the grated cheese, season with salt and pepper and remove the pan from the heat.
- Meanwhile, butter an ovenproof dish.
- Wrap each stalk of celery in a slice of ham then trim them and lay them side by side in the dish.
- Mix the chopped herbs into the sauce and pour over the wrapped celery.
- Scatter over the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce is browned and bubbling.
- Serve garnished with the parsley sprigs.